Samantha on Samantha
I'll spare you the "I've been writing since I can remember" speech because all writers feel this way. Instead let me mention my addiction for books: they go from the floor to the ceiling in their own special room. I love all things paranormal, fantasy, sci-fi, and romance related. And like everyone else I think a little humor goes a long way in making a book feel special. I even worked in the book store industry for several years--talk about heaven! I've met some wonderful authors and worked the other side of the book signing a few times. But the thing I like most is sharing wonderful work with those who love to read just as much as I do. Which is why I'm happy to bring Priestess Under Fire, Bridget Feblood's debut novel, to young adults and adults everywhere!
1. When will Bridget's book be released?
2. How did you come up with Priestess Under Fire?
3. Will there be other Bridget novels?
4. Doug asks, "What/Who are your inspirations?"
5. Doug also asks, "Do you conceptualize first before writing or do you build as you write?"
6. Colleen asks, "Who is your favorite character to write with?"
7. Do you sign autographs?
8. What's going on with Conlan Thorne?
9. Is Evander evil?
10. Why so many secrets?
1. The first novel in Bridget's series, Priestess Under Fire, is available now!
2. It was an accident. I was reading through questions on a forum in NationalNovelWritingMonth's website when I spotted one talking about naming demons. Immediately the name Felix popped into my head and then the entire story--which I used for 2012's NaNoWriMo--began to take shape.
3. Most definitely YES!
4. That's a tough one because there are so many answers. But probably the one source of inspiration that means the most to me is my circle of friends. They support my writing and put up with my rather eccentric nature: not to mention they'll answer random questions that appear out of the blue like it's no big deal.
5. I think the best stories need a little of both. Of course, it seems like my best ideas are 'on the spot' sparks of creativity, but I'll be the first to admit you need to know where it all will end up.
6. Another tough one because each one has their own unique nature. I have to answer, though, so I'll say Evander from Priestess Under Fire (you'll have to read to find out who he is) simply because he's so wonderfully sarcastic. :)
7. Yes. Send a SASE (self-addressed stamped envelope) to Samantha Blake at:
547 N Pratt Street
Greenfield Indiana 46140
8. A lot of people like Conlan and it makes me really happy to hear that. However, there's a reason so much remains hidden. His story arc and how he fits into the world Bridget's been thrown into will develop throughout the series.
9. He prefers to see himself as Chaotic Neutral. All I'll say is I have major plans for him. :)
10. Remember these people have been keeping Bridget in the dark about everything for years. They're not going to divulge everything at once. :) Or ever if Felix had a say in it which thankfully he does not. As the storyline progresses bits and pieces will become clearer until ultimately leading to a point Bridget never would have imagined.